Wednesday, July 20, 2011

FLIGHT DAY FML


Oh the wonders of continuous travel for more than 25 hours. My day began with Brooke. Over sleeping her alarm and rushing out of our cuddlefest only 1 hr before her flight boarded! Yikes! But lakshmi and I woke up on time!! I got up earlier cause I was anxious. I thought itd be a good idea to get breakfast before we left, so I left a little before lakshmi and told her I would get her a magdelana (muffin) STARBUCKS WAS CLOSED AT 8 AM! Ludacris I know! Apparently they don’t open till 8:30 aka whenever they want cause the sign said 8 am. So I chilled in the lobby oogling Hillary’s secret service men until Lakshmi and I cabbed to the airport.

When we got to the airport Lakshmi and I were un pocotin slap-happy. Reality was setting in that we were separating so we were coping by denial and laughter. When we got to the terminals we decided to meet back up for breakfast after we checked in because we weren’t ready to say goodbye (haha literally live in the same town in the US lol) Except our plan failed when I got to the delta line and it was backed up for miles. I stepped up to the like at 9:10 and was checked in by 10:15 (flight at 11_. Yeah, it sucked. So Lakshmi stopped by while I was in line, and we said our goodbyes.

After I checked in I was kinda rushing to security, I knew I had time but I was a little worried. My boarding time was 10:20….So I got thro one security line, only to be stopped by another. Once thro that one I was at the gates. Not bad. I hadn’t had breakfast, and I was about to board a 7 hour flight to JFK. I grabbed a bocadillo (sandwhich) and an orange juice at the first cafĂ© I saw. I threw the orange juice into my purse (big mistake…still regretting that one) As I am walking, I feel wetness on my leg. Yup the lid wasn’t on and my delicious pulpy oj was all over. I snatched my passport and boarding pass, and rushed to the bathroom to literally throw the contents of my purse in the sink and rinse everything. Problem solved. I ran to my gate.. ooops another security line. At least when I finally got to the gate, I just waltzed onto the plane.

The rest of my day was rather uneventful. Unless you count my purse reeking of acidic oj mixing with black leather and my final flight getting delayed a few hours. Honestly I was so tired and confused I don’t even remember the rest of the day. Well at 2 am home sweet home I was…..and there I stayed. For a day or two that is….

No comments:

Post a Comment