Thursday, June 23, 2011

Exams!

Yay I have one down and one to go. I guess that prolly means I should be taking advantage of the free time and studying haha but honestly I don't think it's really necessary at this point. It's sooooo crazy we are done with class.

So any who last night was cool. For some reason our good ole professor Luis decided to take us out for tapas the night before exams. It worked out well tho because lakshmi and I were lazy so we studying all afternoon and then met the group at the plaza mayor at 9. Oh goodness our afternoon tho. Apparently mari and vale thought it was extremely necessary that their already white ceilings got repainted white. So 8 am yesterday I wake up to mari knocking on my door (which when I went to bed the night before she was not there...) she told me I had to shower because I wouldn't be able to later. I informed her I showered before I went to bed and I would just go a day without it lol. Any who by the time we got home literally the apartment was a mess. Mattresses in the living room plastic everywhere. It was claustrophobic to say the least.

Um so yup we just locked ourselves in our room, then we realized we were like hot boxing it (minus the weed) it got intense in their cause we had the windows closed and door shut. We were sweating while we studied hehe a good workout.

Yup so then Luis decided to take us out. It was good cause the kitchen was a mess and we couldn't really eat dinner. We went to this sketch little bar, but it's a really famous place because it's where the bullfighters go after their fight. I thought it was interesting. There are a bunch of original pictures and two mounted bulls! They also serve bull tail!! I asked Luis why if the place was so famous why it wasn't nicer. But Luis explained how bullfighting is really kinda an old persons sport. He grew up here and lives here every summer, but has never gone to one! Crazy.

Well tonight is a legit holiday, like every week here I swear is something, but this one is a real one. Tomorrow is the day of saint John (San Juan). Tonight is the shortest night of the year, and everyone celebrates by partying on the beach (the gorgeous river beach of Valladolid hehe) San Juan was zachias's son and the story is that when he was young he would jump over fire. So tonight they have a big bonfire, burn old things from the past year, and then when they fire dies down they jump over it. Its to celebrate the coming of summer and beginning or a new year. I equate the whole thing to getting shit faced on new years, making a "resolution" and passing out outside in the snow!

Haha welp I will try and blog tomorrow but I won't be at school really, just for graduation whoop whoop!

2 comments:

  1. There new year celebration sounds much better. Fire is always better than snow. And who doesn't like burning things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know trish rethinking my analogy, I'm thinking this party tonight is going to be a lot like glad festival....lots of noise, fire, I'm sure they will sing, cept no gram...we still got um beat

    ReplyDelete