Sunday, June 19, 2011

Salamanca fue un exito!

Well it's Sunday afternoon here. Good morning all you Americans! we had such a great day yesterday. We went to Salamanca which is a beautiful city. It has a really cool history, I am feeling like I am learning a ton when we go to these cities for the day. The entire town is made out of the same brick, and it's so gorgeous. From far away the brick looks like it's dirty, but up close it is really just ribbons of colors in it. I really like it. We did our sightseeing and then during our free time I hung out with brooke ally and Lakshmi. They are good girls, buut I shop toooooo much with them. Oh the money you blow in Europe. I got jeans tho 10 euro! Originally 45 so m impressed. We didn't know whether or not we were going to stay in Salamanca a lot of the girls did, but when it came down to it we didn't want to. It's just q lot of extra money when I feel like we got a good hold of the city in a day.
So about 8 of the Iowa kids decided to return to Valladolid and the rest stayed which was nice. Cause then it forced us to split out of the big group of Americans.

When we got back it was dinner time aka 10 pm. Ally took us to a really yummy italian restaurant (just me lak and Brooke and ally) I got a calzone the size of my head! But the best part was our waitress. She spoke broken English but she was just so sweet. Typically Spanish women are kinda cold but she loved us! She told us all about how she likes the us more than British hahah.

After that we took naps and then decided to meet at 1230 to walk around downtown. There is a big festival kinda because people are getting done with school. Summer begins!!

This morning Luis took a few of us who were functioning to the sculpture museum here in Valladolid. It was sooo awesome its a lot of old wood carvings from the catholic church in hthe tenth eleventh twelfth thirteenth blah blah centuries! So old stuff hhehe but it helps to learn about the history it makes things interesting, aftr he took us to yummy ssnack pre lunch. A common tapa here is the croquet a it's a fried ball with a creamy filling. They are savory tho not sweet.

Anyways I gotta go I'm sweating cause I am stealing Internet and the only place it comes in is in the bright sun. So sorry there is tons of errors in this post but I can't see the screen haha

No comments:

Post a Comment