Sunday, June 26, 2011

Good morning (or afternoon depending how you look at it)

Hi everyone! It's a beautiful day in Seville. I spent the morning wandering around the most gorgeous neighborhood. I saw the largest gothic cathedral in the world (third largest cathedral minus gothicness). I met up with Jessie and keely, girls from Iowa who are traveling together. They just got here this morning though. They did the overnight bus too. Although it sounds like theirs was worse, they had a layover from 1130 pm to 3 am! Any who so I met them at the cathedral (it's lakshmis day to go to granada, she left at 6am I didn't even hear her go) and the three of us explored a little bit. I can't decide if Seville is the most pretty city we have been to or not. It's a lot different. Almost like the difference between Arizona and Chicago. How do you compare! After sitting at a cafe with Jessie and keely for lunch, they needed a nap. So they went to their hostel. I explored for a little while on my own, then it got to be 1:30 and I was sweating so I decided to go back to the hotel.

And here I am a wonderful nap later. I think im going to go wander around for awhile until lak gets back. Then we are meeting up with Jessie and keely to go to a flamenco bar tonight! I'm so excited for that.

It hasn't hit me that I am not going back to Valladolid. I loved it there. I wish I could transport the city to the US. I'm going to miss it so much. I have absolutely got to figure something out so I can keep taking Spanish classes (I finished my minor this spring). I really don't want to loose everything that I am learning here. Its been fun while I'm at the hotel alone the door man has been talking to me. He is this lil chubby old man that is constantly smiling. I told him about the predicament, his advice was "go to a bar, make a Spanish man fall in love with you, then make him chase you to the states. Personal tutor." hahahahaha he is so cute! He giggled and said "en serio, mal idea." (seriously though, that's a bad idea) what is funny tho is one of the professors from Pennsylvania (the Luis of their group) lives in phillidelphia now but he is from Valladolid. He met his wife when she was studying here 30yrs ago. She told him to come to the states for her and he did! After 5 months or something. Crazy cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment